Thursday, January 15, 2009

An Ode

In no particular form, correct style, or heartfelt meaning, An Ode. To Job.

I was so excited to graduate college,
And set forth into the real world with knowledge,
But you've led me astray,
And I just have to say,
I'm just really not that fond of you.

There's nothing for me to do all day,
I think I'll start "working" from home, ok?
I'd be more productive,
There would be less deductive, (huh?)
And I would be much more fun too.

Do you know I've considered trucking?
And nannying, and waitressing, or just nothing?
The shack down the street,
Looks like paradise to me,
If I was able to quit and say suck it...hmm. Maybe not.

Ok, I take that back, it's not you...
Let's blame the economy, and "change" too.
I just want something demanding,
And difficult, and daring,
To prove my worth (and stop swearing).

Let's work on this, mmmkay?
In fact I think we should do happy hour today.
We can sort out our troubles,
Get over our fumbles,
And start all over, hooray!




post signature

4 comments:

  1. Oh, that's brilliant!

    Believe me, there are still some days I wish I could go back to the cocoon of higher learning.

    And I'm facing my 15-year college reunion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eudea-Mamia: I'm trying to wait at least 2 years before considering going back to school. Only 1 and 1/2 years to go before consideration. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, and what is it you're doing for a living??? I'm graduating this summer and I'm already there about the real world. I have no clue what it is I want to do with my life and I'm like um law school? So, I've been accepted but I'm afraid I'm going to HATE it lol. Enough of my rant, but I do totally understand you! LOVE the site by the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! So, I just read the below post on English majors and you FRIGGIN rock! I'm an English major, and agree with everything you said! Now, I really want to know what it is you're doing! I've been thinking of going into PR, Editing/Publishing, or ...teaching high school english.

    ReplyDelete