Tuesday, January 20, 2009

And the Award Goes to...

The talented Chelsea from Design a la mod has given me my first blogging award! Thanks!

Here are the rules of the award:

1) Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.

2) Show the 7 winners names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with "Honest Scrap." Well, there's no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.

3) List at least 10 honest things about yourself.





Here goes. I'll try to make this as exciting as possible...

10.) I am a direct descendant of Jefferson Davis.

9.) I am also a descendant of Pinckney, who signed the Declaration of Independence.

8.) My mom seriously considered naming me Pinckney, and would have called me Pinky for short...that would have been fun. (sarcasm detected).

7.) My dad sounds like he walked off a southern plantation yesterday. He says things like "holler", "yonder", "dahlin", "dubyah" (i.e. 'w',) and "ol" (i.e. 'oil').

6.) I have 4 nieces and nephews and one of my nieces is older than me (none of them call me Aunt Sloane. phew.)

5.) When I've had a few drinks ask me about something historical. Chances are I'll give you a history lesson about one of the following: Henry VIII, Anne Boleyn, Elizabeth I, Marie Antoinette, or Napoleon Bonaparte (Yup, I'm about as cool as they come)

4.) I love challenges...I've biked 1500 miles across Europe one summer in high school, run a 10K military style obstacle course in mud, run a half marathon, and am open to any suggestions for my next challenge.

3.) I started walking when I was 7 months. I like to think that has something to do with my love of running, but it probably doesn't.

2.) Although I was an early walker I was not an early talker. And when I did finally start talking it sounded like another language since I apparently had a hearing problem (which has since been cured, don't worry).

1.) And, last but not least, if I could be anything I wanted to, and be successful at it, I would be an author. Any publishers out there? ;-)

And now for the 7 fabulous blogs:

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit

A Mess From Out West

I Used To Be Witty

Life

Show My Face

Inspiration DC

Steece's Pieces






post signature

6 comments:

  1. awww!!! holy cow! thank you SO much!!!! loved reading your interesting facts! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your award!!! These are so fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, Pinkney. And I am a big fan of your #1 referral...EM.

    Loved your blog, I'll be back FAST.

    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for passing this to me!!!!

    10 things to be honest about - honestly, I find that quite intimidating.

    Going to have to give this some serious thought.

    (totally blushing about Jay's comment - what a sweetie)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suzanne: Thanks for checking it out, I know your time is limited with having quadruplets running around, plus management of your fabulous blog with something like 700 followers!! Whew!

    Good Gals Inc: Aren't they though? :-)

    Halftime Lessons: I'm rethinking telling the blog world about my almost name... ;-)

    Eudea-Mamia: Well, Jay is certaintly right, your blog is great! And I agree with the 10 things being intimidating, it took me a lot longer than it looks to come up with those!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, thanks! It's been a crazy blogging week for me, so I promise I an not ignoring you. I apprecicate the award ... and LOVED your facts!

    ReplyDelete